East Texas Catfish
- Yield 4 servings
A simple and flavorful broiled catfish.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -- fresh catfish fillets
- Heat broiler. Melt butter and combine with spices, herbs and salt. Coat fillets with mixture. Broil until opaque throughout, about 6 minutes per side.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler’s And Roses for the Table (The Junior League of Tyler, Texas 1997).