East Texas Catfish
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4tablespoons butter
- 2teaspoons paprika
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 4-- fresh catfish fillets
- Heat broiler. Melt butter and combine with spices, herbs and salt. Coat fillets with mixture. Broil until opaque throughout, about 6 minutes per side.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler’s And Roses for the Table (The Junior League of Tyler, Texas 1997).