Easiest Chocolate Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2cups flour
- 1cup sugar
- 1teaspoon soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 3tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 6tablespoons oil
- 1tablespoon vinegar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1cup cold water
- Stir together the first 5 dry ingredients in an 8 x 8 ungreased pan.
- Make a dent in three places in the dry ingredients. Place oil in one, vinegar in another, and vanilla in third.
- Pour 1 cup water over all and stir with fork until dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not overstir.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Note: Melted shortening can be substituted for oil. Try coconut oil!