Early Riser’s Pita
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 turkey sausage links
- 4 eggs
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 whole-wheat pita breaad
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced
- 1large tomato, sliced
- Prepare turkey sausage according the package directions.
- Crack eggs in small mixing bowl and scramble with fork.
- Heat butter in skillet on medium-high heat, add eggs, stir and cook 2-3 minutes or until firm, and not clear.
- Slice pita in half to make a pocket and toast.
- Assemble pitas by adding eggs, sausage, tomato and avocado to each pita pocket.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids