Earl Grey Macarons
- Yield 24 pieces
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1/3 cup + 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon purple food coloring powder
- Earl Grey tea bag (to sprinkle)
- 1.75 ounces dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoon cream
- Earl Grey tea bag
- Blend the almond flour, powdered sugar, and food coloring.
- Follow this basic macaron baking method.
- Cut open the tea bag and sprinkle the contents over the piped shells.
- Bake at 300F for 12 minutes. Let the macaron shells cool down before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Pour the cream into a small pot, and warm it up lightly. Remove from the heat.
- Drop in the tea bag, and let it infuse for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the tea bag, and rewarm the infused cream.
- When the infused cream is warm enough, remove from the heat. Filter the mixture through a sieve. You will need 3 1/2 tbsp (50g) of the mixture.
- Pour over the chocolate, and stir until a smooth consistency is obtained.
- Let cool to room temperature, and chill to set the ganache a little before filling the macarons.