Dylan’s Mango Coconut Crisp
- Yield 8 servings
- 4 cups fresh mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, unsalted, cut into small pieces. Keep very cold
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut plus extra to sprinkle on top after baking
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- For the filling: Combine the mangos and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Taste for sweetness. Add another 1/4 cup of granulated sugar if needed. Place the mixture into buttered 8-inch square baking dish and set aside.
- For the topping: In a food processor add the flour and dark brown sugar then process to combine. Add the cold butter pieces and pulse until it has a sandy texture. Add the oats and pulse only a few times until you have a crumbly mixture. You do not want to chop up the oats too much. Remove the mixture and put into a bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of shredded coconut. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the mangoes, covering completely.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serve warm.
Recipe by Dylan Beiersdorf, courtesy of the National Mango Board