Dukan Diet Chicken and Mushrooms with Asparagus
- Yield 4 servings
- 3 drops vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 pounds button mushrooms
- 2 onions, very thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 pound asparagus tips, cut into small pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and wipe out any excess with a paper towel.
- Add the mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, and remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, cooked mushrooms, lemon juice, and parsley, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes.
Reprinted with permission from The Dukan Diet Cookbook by Dr. Pierre Dukan, Crown Archetype News.