Duckie's Boozy Cranberry Sauce
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2cup sliced apricots
- 1/4cup sherry or orange juice
- 3/4cup water
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1/4cup honey
- 2tablespoons fresh ginger or crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1package (12 ounce) fresh cranberries
- 2/3cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Soak the apricots in the sherry in a small bowl for 8 to 10 hours.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Add the apricot mixture, honey, ginger and cranberies. Return to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 to 17 minutes or until reduced, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat to cool. Stir in the pecans.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Chattanooga, Seasoned to Taste, Savoring the Scenic City (Junior League of Chattanooga 2011)