Duckie’s Boozy Cranberry Sauce
- Yield 12 servings
Plan ahead and buy several packages of fresh cranberries around Thanksgiving and freeze for cranberry dishes later in the year.
- 1/2 cup sliced apricots
- 1/4 cup sherry or orange juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger or crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 package (12 ounce) fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Soak the apricots in the sherry in a small bowl for 8 to 10 hours.
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Add the apricot mixture, honey, ginger and cranberies. Return to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 to 17 minutes or until reduced, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat to cool. Stir in the pecans.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Chattanooga, Seasoned to Taste, Savoring the Scenic City (Junior League of Chattanooga 2011)