Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
- Rib Rub:
- 1teaspoon celery seeds
- 1teaspoon coarse salt
- 2tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1large meaty rack baby back or St. Louis pork ribs (2 to 2 ½ pounds)
- 1/4cup white vinegar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- To prepare rub, combine celery seeds, salt, paprika and garlic powder.
- To prepare ribs, preheat oven to 275F.
- Place ribs on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle rub over ribs and massage into both sides. Bake 3 to 4 hours for baby back ribs or 4 to 5 hours for St. Louis ribs. If at any point the ribs seem to be browning excessively, turn the heat down to 250F.
- Combine vinegar, salt and liquid smoke, if using. About 1 hour before ribs are done, brush mixture over ribs every 15 minutes or so.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the racks into individual ribs and give them one last brush with remaining vinegar mixture.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 330
- Fat 25g
- Cholesterol 95mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 26g