Dried Fruit and Sausage Stuffing
- Yield 6 cups
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 50 mins
Sweet raisins paired with smoky turkey sausage to stuff a bird or serve plain.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/3 teaspoons Salt
- 3/4 cup apple or white grape juice
- 1 (6-ounce) package seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in bread cubes, apple, sausage, raisins and seasonings; cook 1 minute, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Gradually add juice, stirring until lightly moistened.
- Turn into buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 45 minutes until heated through. Garnish with sprigs of fresh parsley.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board