Dried Apricot Pie
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 60 mins
- 3 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1 (6-ounce) bag dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crusts for a double-crust pie
- Place apricots, cranberries and raisins in a large saucepan; cover with water to a depth of 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Drain and cool 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine egg and egg yolk, brown sugar, walnuts, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Stir in dried fruit mixture.
- Line pie plate with crust; pour in filling and smooth to the edges. Cut second crust into strips; form lattice over pie filling.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until browned and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack at least 1 hour before serving. Serves 12.
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.