Dreamy Russian Cream
- Yield: 8 servings
"Whenever there's a family gathering, this recipe takes center stage at our table. It looks beautiful, and tastes even better than it looks. It's also a great red, white and blue for the Fourth of July!"
- 2tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2cup cold water
- 1pint half-and-half cream
- 1cup sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 2cups strawberries, blueberries or peaches
- Combine gelatin with cold water and set aside. Heat half and half cream and sugar to the scald stage over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir gelatin into the cream mixture. Then add sour cream and vanilla. Pour into a 5-cup mold and refrigerate overnight. When set, turn mold onto a large plate. Garnish generously with fruit and serve.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: For variation, substitute your favorite fruit or berry and try almond extract instead of vanilla.
Recipe by Jan Tomcho, Hinckley, Ohio