- Yield 2 dozens
"'I actually got this recipe in a dream. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like it."
- 2 (11 1/2-ounce) bags Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Butter an 8-inch square pan. Melt the chocolate over simmering water in a double boiler. (It can also be melted on a very low microwave setting. If using this technique, be sure to stir the chips every minute to prevent burning.)
- Add the cream cheese to the melted chips, and stir. The warm chips will soften the cream cheese and make it easy to form a smooth texture.
- Stir in the walnuts. Spoon into the prepared pan, and let it set until firm.
- Cut into 24 small squares.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
This fudge recipe has far less sugar than most. If Ghirardelli chocolate is not stocked at your grocery, try mixing one bag of semi-sweet and one bag of milk chocolate chips of another brand.