Dream Coffee Cake
- Yield: 20 servings
"I take this cake to VFW meetings and our church fish fries. It goes every time, with no leftovers! Try it-it's wonderful."
- 1 (18-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1cup sour cream
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and sour cream in a large bowl. Beat 2 minutes with a mixer at low speed, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and walnuts in a medium bowl.
- Spread half the batter in pan. Sprinkle half the walnut mixture over top. Repeat with remaining batter and walnut mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
—Laverne H. Koivisto, Ashtabula, Ohio