- Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 1/2pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1cup sugar
- 5-- eggs
- 1pint sour cream
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 1 1/2-inch thick muffin tins with paper liners.
- Make the filling: Place the cream cheese and vanilla in a large bowl and cream with an electric mixer. Add the sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of the filling into the prepared muffin cups and bake until the tops crack (they will not be brown), about 20 minutes.
- Make the topping: Combine the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- Spoon a small amount of the topping onto each cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Let cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Charleston’s Charleston Receipts Album; An Organizer for your Collected Recipes (Charleston, South Carolina 2007).