Down Home on the Ranch Fish Canoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1package (6.3 oz) Gorton's Signature Grilled Tilapia Fillets
- 1/3cup prepared low fat ranch salad dressing
- 2tablespoons prepared barbecue sauce
- 1small onion, peeled and minced
- 1can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1can (15 or 16 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2cup chopped, pecans or walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1pinch salt and peper to taste
- 12large chilled iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
- Prepare Gorton's Signature Grilled Tilapia Fillets according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix together dressing and barbecue sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Cool cooked fillets slightly, then chop into bite size pieces.
- Add tilapia, onion, corn, beans, tomato, nuts, and parsley to the large mixing bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about ½ cup of the mixture into each lettuce leaf and serve.