Double Potato Bisque
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Sweet potato and potato combine in this mild, smooth, intensely flavored soup.
- 1 large sweet potato (yam), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper
- Green onion stems, optional
- Combine diced sweet potato, potato, onion, garlic and vegetable broth in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer potatoes on reduced heat for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Blend mixture in a food processor until smooth. Return to original pot.
- Add thyme, cayenne and evaporated milk. Cook over low heat and season to taste. Garnish with green onions.