Chocolate Chip Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Yield 4 dozens
Easy to make, the cookies get a double dose of chocolate with cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
"This recipe was given to me 20 years ago by my son's daycare provider. Since then, I have shared it countless times. They are so good and easy to make. My family and friends simply call them 'Mama Hookies Cookies.'"
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Add oats and chocolate chips. Dough will be very stiff. Add up to 1/4 cup water if needed. Form tablespoon-size balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
– Jolene Hookie, David City, Nebraska