Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Yield 30 pieces
This gluten-free dessert recipe is a tasty sweet treat.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups certified wheat-free old-fashioned (large-flake) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1/2 cup gluten-free semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. One at a time, beat in eggs, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together oats, cocoa powder and flour. Stir into butter mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, or roll into small balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake in center of preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until center is slightly set. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Excerpted from The Complete IBS Health & Diet Guide by Dr. Maitreyi Raman, Angela Sirounis, Jennifer Shrubsole © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.