Double-Chocolate Banana Cake
- Yield: 16 servings
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup sugar
- 2tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1large ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4cup canola oil
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4cup fat-free milk
- 1/2cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine banana, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extraxt; stir in milk.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture; stir until all flour is moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips until just blended.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool cake on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from baking dish and cool completely on rack. Cut into 16 pieces.