Donsuemor Tres Leches Tasting Cups
- Yield servings
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup half and half or 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 12-18 Donsuemor Traditional Madeleines
- 12-18 12-18 Donsuemor Chocolate Madeleines
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- Mix the three milks using a whisk in a large measuring cup with spout.
- Using small bowls, tasting cups, or mason jars, break madeleines in half and pile them on top of each other into each vessel. I used roughly 3 per tasting cup, but you can use more depending on your vessel size. Fill it compactly, but with room for liquid.
- You can make mixed chocolate and traditional cups, or keep them separated by flavor. It’s up to you.
- Pour Tres Leches milk mixture over cookies, filling until just below top of the cookies. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 24 to 48 hours.
- If you want to make only a few tasting cups, any leftover milk can be used in coffee or on an ice cream sundae. It should last in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
—Recipe by Amber Bracegirdle, Bluebonnets and Brownie