Donsuemor French Almond Cake Tarts
- Yield: servings
- 10 Donsuemor French Almond Cakes
- 2tablespoons unsalted Butter, Melted
- Lemon Curd, Blackberry Curd, Jello Chocolate Pudding, or any other type filling or jello pudding (or homemade pudding) you might like
- raspberries, for garnish
- Mint or spearmint Leaves, for garnish
- Powdered sugar, just before serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Unwrap the Almond cakes and break up in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5 to 6 times, until you have fine crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine the crumbs and the butter and stir until incorporated. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling of your choice. (I used Jello Chocolate Pudding (following the directions on the box for pudding), a homemade Lemon curd, and homemade Blackberry Curd. But use any flavor you might like. The sky’s the limit).
- With a small scoop (I used a small cookie scoop), scoop mixture and form into small balls to fit into mini muffin tins. Use a tart tamper or other object to form an indent in the center of the balls.
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Flip the muffin pan upside down to release the tart shells and leave to cool fully on the counter. (Do not touch shells until completely cool, or they will crumble.)
- Once completely cool, spoon or pipe filling into tarts. Garnish with raspberries and a mint or spearmint leaf if desired.
- You could also pipe a little whipped cream on the very top and place the raspberry on that. I also shook a little powdered sugar over mine, just before serving. (Do not sprinkle with powdered sugar until serving time, as it will melt onto the dessert.)
—Recipe by Holly, Delectable Desserts