Donsuemor Almond Roca Mocha Cake Bites
- Yield servings
- 20 Donsuemor French Almond Cakes, crumbled
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar (add more/less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons coffee-strongly brewed (can use instanr/espresso/or fresh made)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 14 oz package of Wilton Light Chocolate Candy Melts
- 6 Almond Roca candies, crushed/chopped
- 2 ounces melted white chocolate
- Mini cupcake liners
- Lollipop sticks
- Wax paper
- Crumble cakes by hand in large bowl. Put aside. Prepare frosting by creaming butter with mixer. Add cocoa powder and mix. Slowly add coffee being careful not to add too much or the consistency will be off. Slowly add confectioner’s sugar 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency/sweetness is reached.
- Place frosting in bowl with cake in small amounts until desired consistency is reached. Do not add all the frosting at once. Mix the cake and crumble with frosting. Some people use their hands. I don’t. It’s skeeves me out. May be placed in refrigerator for easier scooping. Using a melonballer, scoop out even sized rounds and smooth out by rolling dough into balls with hands. Place cake balls on wax paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Can be frozen.
- Melt candy according to package directions. If you find that this is too thick for you, you can add 2 tablespoons of shortening to chocolate.
- If you are making cake pops, stick lollipop sticks into base of cakes and dip into chocolate, shaking off excess and place on wax paper to set. If you are making cake bites, place cakes into chocolate, removing with a fork, shaking off excess and sliding onto wax paper using a knife/toothpick.
- Before chocolate sets place small amount of crushed candies on top of bites or dip/roll pops in candies.
- Once chocolate has become slightly hardened, drizzle white chocolate over bites/pops.
- Bites/pops may be frozen but do not refrigerate. They may sweat and become moist.
—Patricia, Patricia’s Patticakes