- Yield: 5 dozen
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2cup confectioners' sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1tablespoon shortening
- 1/2cup finely chopped nuts
- Combine the flour, butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir to mix well. Shape heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-inch logs and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the top of a double boiler over hot water. Remove from the heat. Dip 1 end of each cookie into the melted chocolate and coat in the nuts. Place on a plate lined with waxed paper. Chill until the chocolate is firm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Rockwall Women’s League A League of Our Own; From Blue Jeans to Ball Gowns (the Rockwall Women’s League, Rockwall, Tx., 2006).