Peruvian Chicken Crostini
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2pounds diced boneless white and dark chicken
- 1cup diced onion
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 2teaspoons Aji Amarillo (Rocoto) Peruvian yellow pepper sauce/paste
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3cup cream
- 1/3cup grated cotija cheese (or parmesan)
- 1cup broken walnuts
- -- Sourdough Crostini
- -- Herb and Red Lettuce Salad
Heat oil in large skillet to medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, garlic, salt, and red and green pepper. Cook, stirring, until chicken is done and peppers are tender crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add rocoto, cumin, cream, and cheese, and stir until bubbly. Stir in walnuts. Serve on crostini, topped with a small mound of salad.
For Crostini: Drizzle 6 half-inch thick slices sourdough (from center of round loaf) with 1/3 cup melted butter mixed with 1 tsp. finely chopped garlic. Cook on griddle or skillet until crisp on both sides.
For Salad: Mix 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, 1/2 cup torn frisee or other baby greens, and 1 cup shredded/chopped red leaf lettuce.