Dilly Potato Salad
- Yield 6 servings
"I learned about seasoning with herbs when I was old enough to help my mother make pickles. At that time, I developed a great fondness for dill's spicy fragrance and pretty lacy flowers. I have always included it in my herb garden."
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled, cooled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup celery and celery leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- While potatoes are still warm, mix with onion, celery, red pepper, lemon juice, dill, parsley and mayonnaise in a large bowl.
- Chill overnight and garnish with the paprika and walnuts before serving.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: For a moist and low-fat salad, use 1 cup of plain yogurt in place of mayonnaise. Try fresh tarragon, basil or another favorite herb in place of parsley.
—Peggy Martin, Roseburg, Oregon