- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4cup warm water
- 1package yeast (or 2-1/2 tsp.)
- 1cup lukewarm cottage cheese
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1tablespoon minced onion (I use dried)
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1tablespoon dillweed
- 1/2teaspoon soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1-- unbeaten egg
- 1/2cup grated small cheddar cheese
- 2-1/4 +cup flour (between 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups)
- Soften yeast in the 1/4 cup warm water, if you add a few Tsp. of sugar it rises faster until it bubbles.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix ( I use big mixer) adding maybe just a little more flour till it clears the bowl.
- Put it in greased warm bowl and let rise till double.
- Put in greased bread pan or little pans and let rise till double.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or till brown.
- Baste the top with butter when first comes out of oven. Cool on rack for 10 minutes and then take out of pan and place on rack to cool.