- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 package yeast (or 2-1/2 tsp.)
- 1 cup lukewarm cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (I use dried)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -- unbeaten egg
- 1/2 cup grated small cheddar cheese
- 2-1/4 + cup flour (between 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups)
Soften yeast in the 1/4 cup warm water, if you add a few Tsp. of sugar it rises faster until it bubbles.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix ( I use big mixer) adding maybe just a little more flour till it clears the bowl.
Put it in greased warm bowl and let rise till double.
Put in greased bread pan or little pans and let rise till double.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or till brown.
Baste the top with butter when first comes out of oven. Cool on rack for 10 minutes and then take out of pan and place on rack to cool.