Dilled Whole Green Beans
- Yield servings
- Prep 15 mins
Making and canning your own pickled dilled green beans is one of the easiest things you can do with your green beans to preserve it for later use.
- 1 pound whole green beans
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1. Place 2 cups of water in a large saucepan, place a collapsible steamer basket on bottom of pan, arrange beans evenly on basket, and cover tightly. Bring water to a boil and steam beans 6 minutes or until just tender-crisp.
2. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
3. Place cooked beans in a serving bowl and toss with the margarine mixture. Salt to taste, if desired. Serve immediately.
Used with permission from the American Diabetes Association. Taken from 15 Minute Diabetic Meals by Nancy Hughes.