Dilled Potato Salad
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 4large potatoes
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons green onion, minced
- 1/4cup white vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon dill weed
- 1dash Tabasco sauce
- -- Diced pimento and/or minced parsley for color
- -- Hard-cooked eggs (garnish)
- Cook potatoes until just barely done so they are not mushy. Shred with a shredder like hash brown potatoes. Add vinegar, salt, pepper and dill weed. Toss with forks; do not stir. Marinate an hour or longer. Add remaining ingredients and toss again being careful not to let the salad get mushy. Serve on salad greens. Top with additional dressing and hard-cooked eggs.
Recipe by: May M. Rorick, The Dalles Senior H.S., The Dalles, Oregon. Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes Press’ Salads: Favorite Recipes from Home Economic Teachers (Favorite Recipes Press, Nashville, Tn., 2007).