Dijon Turkey Burger
- Yield 4 servings
Prepared with Dijon mayo and freshly grated Romano cheese, these savory turkey burgers are sure to satisfy.
- Dill Dijon Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 -- multi-grain rolls, split and lightly toasted
- -- Green leaf lettuce, washed, drained and chilled
- -- Roasted red peppers
- -- Thinly sliced red onion rings
- To prepare mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise, mustard, fresh dill and lemon juice. Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- To prepare burgers, place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix lightly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Shape into 6-ounce patties, about 1-inch thick.
- Oil grill rack and preheat grill to medium-high. Add burgers to hot grill and cook on one side for about 5 minutes, flip and cook on the other side for about 4 minutes more on medium-high.
- Transfer to a cooler part of the grill and continue to cook a bit longer—until cooked to 165F, about 5 more minutes.
- Spread Dill Dijon Mayonnaise on lightly toasted rolls.
- Place turkey burgers on rolls and garnish each burger with lettuce, onions and roasted red peppers.
Recipe by Donna Crivello, Chef and Co-owner, Donna's Cafes, Baltimore, Md.