Dijon Pork Chops with Arugula
- Yield 4 servings
This dish is perfect for dinner in a jiffy.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 -- boneless pork chop loins, 1-inch thick
- 1 bunch arugula, cleaned and stems removed
- -- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, parsley, chives and tarragon. Place chops on grill or broiler pan and brush top liberally with mustard mixture. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat if on grill), turn and brush again with mustard mixture. Cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until done (when the chops reach around 160F on an instant-read thermometer). Watch carefully–they will dry out if overcooked.
- While the chops are cooking, toss the arugula with enough olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve on top or to the side of the pork chops.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Sally Clayton and Lee Clayton Roper’s A Well-Seasoned Kitchen (Denver, Co., 2009).