Different Twist Pork Stew
- Yield 6 servings
This new angle on pork stew would be great seved with corn bread.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown pork over low heat, about 5 minutes. Add onion and cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaves and salt and pepper. Cook 30 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and corn. Simmer until sweet potatoes and pork are tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove bay leaves and discard before serving.