Diablo Dipping Sauce
- Yield 16 servings
Every culture has its own condiments, which add personality and panache to food. Here’s a Latin-inspired sauce for grilled veggies or tofu.
- 2 chilies in adobo
- 2 tinned, roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade and process or blend 45 seconds until combined well and smooth. Makes about 1 cup.