Deviled Eggs from Jennie Ruth
- Yield 12 pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs and boil for 14 minutes. Have a bowl of ice water ready. Transfer the eggs to the ice bath. Once the eggs are cool, remove from the water and peel. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the yolks, relish, mayonnaise, mustard, and hot sauce until smooth. Alternatively, in a medium bowl combine these ingredients with a fork until smooth. Spoon the yolk mixture into the whites.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Chris Chamberlain’s The Southern Foodie: 100 Places to Eat in the South (Thomas Nelson, 2012)