- Yield 1 dozens
Cut the deviled eggs horizontally to pack in an egg carton after filling.
- 1 dozen eggs, boiled, peeled and cut into halves crosswise
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash smoked paprika (optional)
- Place egg yolks, mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth. (If you want a super-creamy filling, beat with a mixer.)
- Place bottoms of egg “cups” into a clean egg carton. Spoon yolk filling into each. Sprinkle with paprika, if using. Place egg “tops” over filling.