Deviled Chicken Thighs
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
The devil is in the details—specifically, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper. Be an angel, and remove the skin from the thighs before dredging.
- Cooking spray
- 8 chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds), trimmed and skin removed
- 1 egg
- 1/4cup Dijon mustard
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F. Set a rack over a rimmed baking sheet, and mist with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together egg, mustard and Worcestershire. In a second shallow dish, combine panko, Parmesan, salt, garlic powder, cayenne and black pepper.
- Coat chicken pieces in egg mixture, dredge tops in panko mixture, and place on rack, panko side up. Drizzle with butter and bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden and juices run clear.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish.com, May 2011.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 427
- Fat 22g
- Cholesterol 226mg
- Sodium 851mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 39g