Chicken and Sweet Potato Pizza
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 2cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 1pound refrigerated pizza dough or fresh dough purchased from local pizzeria
- 1/4cup coarsely ground cornmeal
- 2cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 6ounces shredded Mozzarella
- 8slices heirloom tomatoes
- 1cup chiffonade of Swiss chard leaves
- 8slices Brie cheese
- In a medium skillet, saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Transfer into a small food processor, add mashed sweet potato, cumin and oregano and process until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Unroll dough onto lightly floured cutting board and pull gently into 12-inch round. Sprinkle pizza stone with cornmeal and place dough on stone. Sprinkle 1-inch margin around edge with cornmeal. Spread dough with sweet potato pesto up to cornmeal edge. Spread shredded chicken over pesto. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over chicken. Top with heirloom tomato slices and Swiss chard. Top with Brie slices.
- Bake pizza until crust is crisp and brown and cheese is bubbly, 12 to 15 minutes.