Chicken and Sweet Potato Pizza
- Yield 6 servings
A garlic, onion and sweet potato sauce, chicken, tomatoes and creamy Brie cheese take pizza in a whole new direction.
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough or fresh dough purchased from local pizzeria
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground cornmeal
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 6 ounces shredded Mozzarella
- 8 slices heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup chiffonade of Swiss chard leaves
- 8 slices Brie cheese
- In a medium skillet, saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Transfer into a small food processor, add mashed sweet potato, cumin and oregano and process until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Unroll dough onto lightly floured cutting board and pull gently into 12-inch round. Sprinkle pizza stone with cornmeal and place dough on stone. Sprinkle 1-inch margin around edge with cornmeal. Spread dough with sweet potato pesto up to cornmeal edge. Spread shredded chicken over pesto. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over chicken. Top with heirloom tomato slices and Swiss chard. Top with Brie slices.
- Bake pizza until crust is crisp and brown and cheese is bubbly, 12 to 15 minutes.