Deep in the Woods Beef and Sausage Dip
- Yield 8 servings
A spicy dip, made with onions, olives, and chili powder
"I have served this beef and sausage dip for the 12 members of my Fantasy Football League each year at our 'draft' party. Each year I have to make a couple of copies for the guys."
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 pound mild bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Brown the beef, sausage, and onion in a medium skillet. Drain the excess fat. Add the ketchup, chili powder, paprika, and beans. Mix well.
- Place the mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese, olives, and green onions on top. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite chips.
—Pat Nugent, Eatonville, Ga.