Deep in the Woods Beef and Sausage Dip
- Yield: 8 servings
"I have served this beef and sausage dip for the 12 members of my Fantasy Football League each year at our 'draft' party. Each year I have to make a couple of copies for the guys."
- 3/4pound lean ground beef
- 3/4pound mild bulk pork sausage
- 1/2large yellow onion, chopped
- 1cup ketchup
- 4teaspoons chili powder
- 3teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 2cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 1cup sliced black olives
- 1/2cup chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Brown the beef, sausage, and onion in a medium skillet. Drain the excess fat. Add the ketchup, chili powder, paprika, and beans. Mix well.
- Place the mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese, olives, and green onions on top. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite chips.
—Pat Nugent, Eatonville, Ga.