Deep-Dish Blueberry Pie
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 6tablespoons quick-cooking Tapioca
- 8cups fresh Chilean blueberries
- -- Juice of 1 orange
- -- Pastry dough for a large double crust pie
- 1-- egg mixed w/ 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together sugar, tapioca, blueberries and juice. Roll out pastry bottom on a well-floured surface to fit in pie dish. Place in the bottom of a 9 1/2- inch deep-dish pie plate. Spoon filling into pie dish. Chill while rolling out top layer of pastry. Cut out 5 or 6 small wholes in pastry top using a decorative cookie cutter. Gently roll dough onto top of pie. Crimp edges of pastry to form a tight seal and decorative trim. Brush pie with egg and milk wash.
- Bake pie on a tray for 45 to 50 minutes. The blueberry filling should be bubbly and the crust golden brown.
- Cool before serving.