De Lime in De Coconut Cheesecake
- Yield: 12 servings
"This light, creamy cheesecake has a wonderful combination of lime and coconut without the coarse texture. I first served it as an Easter dessert. It was such a hit that the meal wouldn't be complete without it. I named it after a popular song of my generation."
- 1cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 1teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweetened cream of coconut milk
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 2teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/4cup freshly lime juice
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- To prepare crust, combine all ingredients with the bowl of a food processor. Process until just blended. Press in bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- To prepare filling, place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, 1 at a time; beat well.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and beat well, scraping bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally. Scrape filling into crust.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and lime wedges, if desired. Serves 12.
Recipe by Sheila Suhan, Scottdale, Pa.