Roasted Strawberry Coconut Pops
- Yield: 8 pieces
- 8ounces small strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1can (15-ounce) coconut milk (not light)
- 1/4cup plus 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/4teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss strawberries in one tablespoon sugar. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the strawberries on paper. Roast until tender and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the coconut milk in a small pan over a low flame. Add the 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom and stir until sugar is just dissolved. Remove from heat.
- When the strawberries are ready, remove from heat and let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Combine the strawberries with the coconut milk.
- Using a glass measure with lip, carefully pour the strawberry coconut milk mix into 8 popsicle molds. You may need to stir them just a little so that the fruit is distributed.
- Chill for a minimum of four hours.
Recipe courtesy of food photographer and blogger Kimberley Hasselbrink, based in San Francisco, CA. To view more of her work, visit The Year in Food.