David’s Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 30 pieces
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 8 mins
These cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and lower in calories.
The original recipe says to shape the dough by hand, but we had better luck dropping it by heaping teaspoons onto the cookie sheets. Dough can be made ahead of time, rolled into log and well-wrapped, then frozen until needed. Thaw thoroughly before cutting and baking.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture and beat until evenly blended. Turn mixer to low speed and add chips. Refrigerate dough 15 minutes.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2-inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on racks 5 minutes. Remove cookies to racks and cool completely.
Recipe by David Joachim from Perfect Light Desserts by Nick Malgieri and David Joachim (Morrow, 2006).