David’s Beans and Rice
- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 1 to 1.5 hours
- Cook 2 - 3 hours
Using Bushes Southwestern Beans as a base this dish is great all year 'round.
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 4 cans cans Bush's Southwetern Beans
- 1 large can Delmonte Diced Tomatoes
- 1 small can Delmonte Diced Tomatoes
- 1 small can Tomatoe Paste
- 1 can Green Giant White Niblets Corn
- 1 large Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Celery Stalks
- Chile Powder
- Garlic Powder (or fresh if you prefer)
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- Olive Oil
- X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Beans and Rice
1 – Pour Tomatoes, Corn, and Beans in Pot on low heat.
2 – Cut Celery and Bell Peppers into ¼” to ½” pieces and add to Pot.
3 – Add a small amount of chile powder and garlic powder, and tomato
paste when Pot gets warm.
3 – Dice Onion into bit-size pieces.
4 – Brown Hamburger meat with a little Olive Oil and Worcestershire sauce.
Add onions when meat is half cook. Add to Pot when meat is browned
5 – Cook Pot on low heat until Bell Peppers and onions are cooked.
****For best flavor, let cool on stove, and put in refrigerator over-night to get cold. ***
Reheat and serve over Rice with Cheddar cheese melted on top.