- Yield 75-100 servings
Sugared dates and chopped walnuts make hearty, but sweet cookies
"I received this recipe fom the late Dorothy Schwar, a member of my church in Emmaus, Pa. I'm thankful she shared her recipe with me. Every time I make these delicious cookies, I think of her."
- 2 sticks margarine
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10-ounce container diced sugared dates
- 10-ounce package chopped English walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream margarine.
- Add sugar, eggs, soda, salt, and flour and mix well. Stir in dates and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Makes 75 to 100 cookies.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This recipe makes four dozen large cookies or 100 bite-sized. Reserve some chopped dates and walnuts to place on top of each cookie before baking. This gives them a chunky and appetizing look.
Marilyn Decker, Emmaus, Pa.