Dark Chocolate Poblano S’ Mores
- Yield 4 servings
A great combination of rick sweet chocolate and spicy peppers.
- 2 medium poblano chili peppers, roasted and skinner
- 8 graham cracker sheets
- 2 ripe (but not over ripe) bananas, peeled and sliced lenghwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (3.5-ounce) dark chocolate bar (or chocolate of choice), separated into squares or broken into pieces
- 8 marshmallows, sliced in half horizontally
- Remove seeds and stems from chilies. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise and set aside on a paper towel to dry.
- Place 4 graham crackers on a work surface. Place a half chili on each. Divide banana slices over chilies. Divide chocolate squares over bananas. Divide marshmallow rounds over the chocolate. Top with another graham cracker.
- Place on a plate and microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes until chocolate and marshmallows melt.
Note: To roast and skin poblano peppers: Preheat oven broiler on high. Place poblano peppers on a baking pan and place in oven 2 inches from broiler element 10 minutes until the skin of the peppers blackens. Turn the peppers and broil another 10 minutes until the other side is blackened. Remove from oven and place on a plate. Invert another plate over the pepper. Let cool. When cool, peel off skin and rinse under cold water to remove all burnt pieces.