Dark Chocolate Mousse with Shaved Almonds
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 2/3cups Dark Chocolate
- 6-- Eggs separated (room temp)
- 3/4cup Shaved raw almonds
- 1tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Melt chocolate pieces in double boiler over med heat. Important: Make sure to cool the chocolate. If not it will seize when the yolks are added.
- Once cooled, mix in the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff (not dry). Add 2 spoonfuls of the egg whites to the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Fold the remainder of the egg whites to the mix.
- Fold in shaved almonds.
- Spoon the mousse into small glasses and place into the refrigerator until set. (Approx 2 hours)