Dark Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars
- Yield 16 pieces
Blogger Katie Newell of Healthnutfoodie.com says these are a favorite with kids and parents alike.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw almonds, semi-crushed
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips, 70% cacao
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with wax paper and butter paper.
- Combine oats and next four ingredients (through chocolate chips) in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat butter, brown rice syrup and honey in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir for about five minutes. Remove from heat and cool for about one minute.
- Pour butter mixture over oat mixture. Using clean hands, toss until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Use an additional piece of wax paper to press granola tightly into dish (so the granola doesn’t stick to your hands). Cool completely (at least two hours). Use a heavy chef’s knife to cut into 16 squares. Store tightly covered for up to 10 days.
Katie Newell, Healthnutfoodie.com