Dark Chocolate Cake
- Yield: servings
- 7teaspoons unsalted butter and some for mold
- 3.5ounces dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
- 4large eggs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2cup and 1/3 cup light Muscovado sugar*
- 1/4cup millet flour
- 1/4cup buckwheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F and butter a 7 x 10-inch baking dish (or use a round cake mold). Line the buttered dish or mold with parchment paper; set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate using a double boiler; set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the eggs with the sugar and a pinch of salt. Beat on high until the volume has tripled.
- Reduce the speed and add the melted butter and chocolate, continuing to beat until well incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the stand and gently fold in the flours, making sure not to deflate the batter.
- Transfer the chocolate cake batter to the mold and bake the cake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut in squares (or wedges) and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
* Note: Dark brown sugar can be substituted for the Muscovado sugar.