Dan’s Flaming Wings
- Yield: 12 to 20 pieces
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- 1/2cup Hot Sauce (Franks, Crystal, Louisiana, even Cholula, depending on preference)
- 2teaspoons Tobasco
- 1teaspoon Cayanne
- 1tablespoon Salt
- 1tablespoon Pepper
- 1tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 2teaspoons Cider Vinegar
- 2tablespoons Corn Startch
- 6-10 Whole Chicken Wings
- 2teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Mix Salt, Pepper, Corn Starch, and Red Pepper in a bowl, set aside
- Clip the wings at each joint, discarding the wing tips, pat wings dry
- Toss wings with Salt and Pepper mixture until evenly coated
- For best crispiness from the oven, grease a drying rack and place into a foil-lined pan. Arrange wings on drying rack and place 6 inches below heat in oven.
- Set timer for 9 minutes
- While wings are in the oven for their first bit of baking, melt the butter on low in a saucepan. Whisk in the hot sauce, tobasco, vinegar and brown sugar. Whisk until well mixed and then remove from heat and set aside.
- After first 9 minutes, flip the wings and bake for another 9 minutes.
- After second 9 minutes, flip the wings and baste with sauce. Put back into oven for another 3 minutes. Then flip the wings, baste and repeat two more times.