Dahlia’s Fragrant Chicken Fingers
- Yield servings
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, basil, or parsley, plus additional for garnish
- 1 fat garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch Aleppo pepper or cayenne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, breadcrumbs, scallions, cilantro (or basil or parsley), garlic, salt, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, black pepper, and Aleppo or cayenne.
- Put half the oil into a rimmed baking sheet. Using your hands, form the chicken mixture into 1/4-inch fingers and rest each one on the baking sheet. When all the fingers are formed, brush them in the remaining oil.
- Bake the fingers until just cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes (check them carefully; the baking time will vary a lot depending upon how thick they are). Garnish with additional herbs, if desired.
From In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite by Melissa Clark. Copyright ©2010. Published by Hyperion. All Rights Reserved.