Custard-Filled Donsuemor Cute Cakes
- Yield servings
A rich vanilla custard filling gives store bought Donsuemor cakes a little homemade TLC.
Cut Donsuemor cute cakes in two, hollow out the top half and fill with the following homemade custard. Once filled, put the pieces back together and allow to set in fridge. Cover with melted chocolate for truly decadent morsels.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- -- pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 -- egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan.
- Slowly add milk and stir until smooth, bringing to a boil. (Make sure you stir constantly)
- Once at boiling point, boil for 60 seconds
- Pour a small amount of the liquid into the two egg yolks and stir.
- Return yolks and liquid to the pan and stir.
- When the mixture starts bubbling, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Place in refrigerator until firm.
—Recipe by Paula Kruege, Frosted Fingers